Thursday 23 April 2015

So I haven't posted in a while

Which is bad on me, but I HAVE been super busy.

I've decided that I'd quite like to get into political cartooning- hopefully before my bank balance runs out... I've been filling up sheets and sheets of copy paper with roughs of politicians faces )most of which I'm a little too embarrassed to post here), with the hopes of eventually capturing a likeness. I think at this point it's pretty obvious which side of the fence I'm plonked myself, but I still want to be fair in my assessment of the situation- although I have picked a side, all politicians annoy me in different ways (although some more than others). I can't stand papers like a certain tabloid that has popped up since the referendum... but I won't go down that route (it's one for a rant blog I've been meaning to set up). 

 ANYWAY- I emailed Chris Riddell (who has always been one of my absolute favourite illustrators/ political cartoonists), partly because I'm a cheeky little lady who wants every bit of help that she can get, and partly because, why not? I wasn't expecting him to respond (as I'm sure he's extremely busy), but he did! He even offered to look at my work and give me some pointers- I always love that- when someone who is insanely talented is actually a nice person and goes out of their way to help people; there are way too many people in this world who aren't at all like that. But yeah, it makes me feel happy when I find out that I'm a fan of someone who's worth being a fan of :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment