Monday 30 November 2015

Memories of men

So it's been a while, blog! However, I've been very very busy with my part time job, and trying to sort my personal workload out. My grandfather was very ill, and, as he's 92 (no spring chicken any more) a lot of people thought that after over 30 years of heart problems this might be the end. However, my grandfather, being the resilient old man he is proved them wrong. Again.

 But it did get me thinking- there's so much about my own grandfather I don't know, and I got my mother to look through his scrap books (and he's kept a lot of them over the years).
We found many things (too many to go over in a quick blog post), but here's my grandparents' wedding announcement, right here in the New York Times. They got married in Toronto in 1953.

There were also many pictures of my great grandfather, Graham Seton Hutchison looking cheery. As well as many pictures of letters that he'd written to other well-known people at the time, such as Churchill and David Lloyd George.

There were also a lot of pictures of my grandfather growing up, which I will cover in a later blogpost- I have a project going.
Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment