Saturday 21 February 2015

Whales!

I've had another idea for a greetings card themed around whales, so I've been sketching a few as a nice relaxing weekend activity. Tomorrow I think that I'll perhaps try to mock one up and see how that goes. I love drawing cetaceans :-) their shapes feel so smooth and defined... Something that I also love is drawing from plastic figures- they're not flexiable, sure, but for subjects that are difficult to photograph (like whales) or don't exist anymore (like dinosaurs), they provide an accessible tool to study perspectives. I've had my eye on this one from Schleich for a while now. They USED to sell it in Waterstones, but when my boyfriend went to purchase it for me as a valentines' gift (he's sweet like that :-)) they didn't have it anymore. http://www.schleich-s.com/en/GB/toys/blue_whale/


Anyway! Enough with my wittering!

No comments:

Post a Comment